Monday, May 27, 2013

My Dining Room Curtains

These are my dining room drapery, I made several years ago. I chose a floral fabric to add some color and warmth to the room. Because I had 4 windows and since I wanted to use only one width of fabric (54") per panel, I needed 24 yards. Cutting them approximately 108" long, I hemmed and lined them and hung them on inexpensive rod iron rods from the local hardware store.

Up close you can see how I finished the top area. I pleated them like traditional drapery, but instead of folding them into a three prong fold pleat, I pushed in an empty roll of toilet paper, to give a rounded effect. I also used traditional drapery hooks attached to the back, to hang on the drapery rings.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie! Did you leave the paper towel or toilet paper roll IN the curtain? I've used tissue paper and nylon netting or rouille before, but absolutely LOVE the rounded look of the paper roll!!!

    So cool!

    I love this stuff!

    ReplyDelete